"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance, take it...If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said that it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back Update...3 months post-op!

Can you believe it has been 3 months since my last back surgery??? I can't. I saw Dr. Hynes last week and my x-rays look great. While my fusion is perfect, I will have scoliosis still around where the fracture was. Though he said it shouldn't have any effect on my daily life. He also checked the alignment of my neck with my thoracic spine...and all looks good there too. He will see me a few more times this year...and after the one year mark (post-op) he says if there has been no change...than nothing WILL change. He said Dr. Chutkan (my original surgeon that performed the fusion) did an amazing job!
So...my pain is still pretty minimal. Though I find that I wake up achy, but I think that is mostly in part to me LOVING to sleep on my stomach, which is a big NO-NO for people with back problems. But I can't sleep any other way! Any suggestions????
I will continue to post updates and pics as I get them!
Thanks for all the support and prayers!

0 comments: