"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance, take it...If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said that it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Some AMAZING pictures of my back!

This is a little follow to my post from a few days ago. I got a copy of my most recent CT Scan from September 2008. I was playing with it tonight and I got some good clips of what my back really looks like inside.
If you look closely at each picture, you can see which screws are securely in the vertebrae and those that are NOT. And you can also see the screws that are poking my lung. The big black spaces on either side are my chest cavity which the lungs completely fill when they are full of air. So you can see why the doctor is concerned about the screws that are poking the lung.
The last picture is a view of my T5 vertebrae that is basically bone that completely regrew from the bone graft. You can see that is oddly shaped and there is a small rough gap in the center of it. The vertebrae is solid but not perfect.
And...I have decided to go ahead with the surgery. I have to call at the middle of next week to schedule it. We have decided to wait until after the girls birthday party. So I am hoping to do it at the beginning of March, so I will be fully recovered for our trip to the keys this summer!!!

2 comments:

Liz White said...

Oh my goodness. Let me know if I can help with anything! 6-8 weeks out is a long time with 4 year old twins!

Teresa said...

How totally cool!!!