"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance, take it...If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said that it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Friday, March 6, 2009

It's finally behind us!

Hi again! Just wanted to post another update about my surgery. It was done on Wednesday the 4th and everything wen smoothly...and as planned! In addition to removing ALL of the harware, Dr. Hynes made some cosmetic changes as well. He cut out my old scar from the staples from my first 2 surgeries and used stitches under the skin instead. He also shaved down some bone that was pertruding above my burst fracture. These were things that would just help my back to look a little better as it heals.
I am still VERY sore, but the pain is nothing like went I went through before. They are planning to send me home on Saturday, so we will see how things go once I get home.
I will post some more updates in the next few days.
Thanks to everyone who called me in the hospital. I will talk to you all soon.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Becca! Thanks for the update, I've been thinking of you =) I'm so glad that everything went well for you.....You are SO strong! Best wishes for a SPEEDY recovery! XOXO, Keri