"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance, take it...If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said that it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Thursday, March 19, 2009

2-Week Post-Op Update...

Wow! Another 2 weeks have passed. I am doing really well! I had my 1st post-op appointment yesterday. The dressing from my incision was removed and the cosmetic scar does in fact look better. My new scar is actually quite a bit bigger...about an inch longer on the top and bottom. Though the incision still has some healing to do, I still have to baby it quite a bit. It is still pretty itchy, which is driving me crazy!
I saw x-rays on my hardware-free back too! That was weird. You could actually see little signs of where the screws were removed..like little holes in my bone. Those will close up over time.
And it is official my T4 and T5 vertebrae are permanently fused...so the hardware did it's job. They still say should can resume 99% of my normal activites within the next month or 2. Of course, I will always be considered as having a bad back, so I will remain under long-term care of the doctors for a while.
I am down to 1-2 pain pills a day. I do feel really good...I am taking showers and getting dressed all on my own. Doesn't sound like much, but it is a huge accomplishment. Still no driving for me this week. I will plan to start driving the girls to school again next week though.
Thank you all again for your prayers and support!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for good news! =) Glad you're doing good Becca! One day at a time =) XOXO Keri

Liz White said...

So glad to hear it. We should get together sometime!