"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance, take it...If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said that it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Thursday, September 25, 2008

10 Month Update

Gosh! Where has the time gone??? 10 months since the accident already...amazing!
I saw my doctor on Tuesday and got really good news. My CT Scans show that the fracture to my vertebrae is completely healed and the bone graft is filling in nicely. The burst vertebrae is actually resembling a vertebrae again. He is very impressed by this. AND....i am finally out of my back brace...for good! I had been wearing it for 10 months! For those of you who saw it, you can image how much more comfortable I am without it.

As for removing the hardware, I was hoping for a yes or no answer, which I didn't get. He initially wanted to remove the hardware once the fracture was completely healed. But since I am doing so well, he doesn't want to mess with anything...just yet. So we will wait another 4 months before making any more decisions about removal.

I will continue to have massage therapy for as long as I feel I need it. And he also recommended I see a Chiropractor to help with any discomfort. So I will probably start that in another few weeks.

So, all in all, still doing GREAT! Oh and we are taking the girls to Disney for the first time this weekend. They are so excited! So I will surely have pictures to post when I get back!

Thanks, as always, for all the support!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Becca, Congrats on your update! That is fantastic news and I am sure you are so relieved! Have a great time at Disney this weekend with your family. XOXO, Keri