"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance, take it...If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said that it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Thursday, August 21, 2008

9 Month Update!

Hi everybody! Can you believe it? It has been 9 months since the accident. I am still doing AMAZING! I don't have any new medical updates, but I have 2 appointements in September, so I hope to get a ton of information then (will we be scheduling to remove the hardware or not?). I have been having some lower back pain, which is what the doctor told me to expect. The pain is at the exact point of my back where the hardware stops. My lower back (spine) is taking the most stress from getting the most use (as I can't bend my upper back). My muscles around the fusion are still weak too, so I am working on that. I am wearing back brace less and less each day...only have to wear it for driving (and other dangerous activites). So I hopefully I can get out of that thing for good too. I have also been prescribed more massage therapy for my lower back aches too. Though it's only 30 minutes every other week, which is a tease, it seems to help a little!

Thanks for all of your support and prayers. I will post another update after seeing the doctor next month!

1 comments:

Liz White said...

Wow. Time has really flown by. Glad to hear you are doing so well!