"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance, take it...If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said that it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Friday, November 21, 2008

WOW! The day is HERE!

OMG! Where to do I start? I can't believe today is a year since the accident! It has been a pretty emotional week for me...all the memories flooding back like it all happened yesterday. It still seems surreal to me to think that this could've (and DID) happen to US!
I am still doing GREAT! Most days I feel 100%, but lately it seems that afternoons seem to effect me the most. I think it's just because I do more than I should during the day, so I feel it later on...nothing Ibuprofen doesn't help. I can't believe I have been off all of my heavy-duty pain medication since MAY! Who'd have thought that 6 months after breaking my back, I would be "pain-free"??? I know I say this over and over again...but I guess I just assumed recovery was going to be a lot "worse" or harder I guess. It hasn't been a walk in the park, of course, but you surely won't hear me complaining...about anything!
I never would've been able to be so positive if it wasn't for all of you...your prayers, thoughts, visits, and meals will never go forgotten. So again, THANK YOU to all of you who showed your support!!!!
I am still scheduled to see Dr. Hynes in January...so there is still the possibility of taking the hardware out. But I am just thankful to be here for the holidays and actually be able to enjoy it, so I am not thinking about January...just yet!
I would love it if you could post a comment at this post...maybe something you felt or thought when you heard about the accident? Or even just a prayer or your thoughts about anything.
Hope you all have a safe and restful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca, I thought about you today!! I said "Holy cow, it's a year ago today". I can't believe it! I'm sooo happy that you're doing so good. Enjoy the holidays..I'll see you over Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca, I thought about you today and how it's been a year! Can't believe that! I'm so happy you're doing so good!!! Enjoy the holidays with the girls and Robby..and we'll be seeing you over Christmas!

Unknown said...

Wow, an entire year! I'm so glad that you are ok and you have made such amazing progress in your recovery! I love visiting your blog and seeing the girls grow. I miss you! XOXO Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! =)

Anonymous said...

WOW. Time flies I cannot believe it has been a year. I am so grateful you are doing so well. I know you will enjoy this Thanksgiving more than most!!! Have a great holiday. Call me so we can get the kids together and play.