"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance, take it...If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said that it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Introduction...Survival Story

Though most of you already know me, this is for those of you who don't...

I am currently 29; happily married to Robby and the busy mom of 3.5 year old twin girls - Reilly and Rianne. We live a pretty normal life...though crazy as you can imagine raising two 3-year olds!

However; our lives were changed on 11.21.07, when we were in a near-fatal auto accident, while traveling to Georgia for Thanksgiving weekend. In short, we were t-boned, flipping our Ford Super Duty F250 4-Door Pickup...TWICE! Luckily, the girls and my husband walked away with only a few scratches. I, on the otherhand, had BROKEN MY BACK, in one of the worst ways. I suffered a Thoracic Burst Fracture (my vertebrae had exploded, leaving only about a quarter of it intact), plus a broken shoulder blade and several bruised and fractured ribs. I am lucky to be alive, and even more miraaculously to NOT be paralyzed from the injury to my back.

It took 2 dangerous surgeries to "put me back together" with 12 titanium screws and two 18" inch titanium rods, running the length of my spine, resulting in a 7-Level Fusion (T2-T8).

I am doing amazingly well (surprising all my doctors)! LIFE IS GOOD! I always welcome prayers, support, and kind thoughts...I truly believe they have ALL gotten me through this hard time.

1 comments:

Louise's Dreams said...

Bless your heart. You must have been terrified. So glad you came through this. My son had to have his spine fused because the bones were crumbling. I know a little of what you've been through, but I can't really imagine how hard it's been. God bless.